How Aspen Grove Marketing stays connected even if we’re apart
Whether you’re working virtually or in person, getting to know your teammates and nurturing those relationships can be a feat when you’re elbow-deep in work. And with more and more businesses continuing to work remotely, it can be extra challenging to stay connected. But by implementing some fun “get to know you” activities into your workweek, you can help your team feel together even if you’re far away.
We assigned a weekly task to one of our employees to post a different question each week in our team chat channel. These have been a fun way to learn about each other, help us bond over common interests, and even drive inspiration for content for our clients.
Here are some of the topics that have been a hit!
- Do you have a secret talent that no one knows about?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- If someone wanted to trap you, what 3 things would they put in the trap to lure you in?
- What’s a non-political opinion you have that is likely to be unpopular?
- What’s a piece of advice someone shared with you that has stuck with you?
- Throwback Thursday: share some of your favorite kid photos
- What are some words or phrases that you really like or would like to use more of in your daily language?
While we love team-bonding activities like happy hour, painting in the park, or meeting up at one of our clients’ restaurants, it’s not always easy for everyone to attend those get-togethers. But these weekly questions have been a nifty way to stay connected in between meetups.
In what ways do you like to connect with your co-workers?